Toddler rescued from heating vent - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

Toddler rescued from heating vent

Posted: Updated:


A toddler stuck inside a heating vent has been taken to the hospital to be evaluated.

The mother told WOWK that she was cleaning and took the air conditioning duct off to clean inside it.

When she turned around to get the sweeper the toddler stepped inside and fell about 6 feet inside the tubing. 

The mother called 9-1-1 and a neighbor rushed to her aid. They unassembled the air-conditioning duct work and the toddler was found inside. 

She was taken to a local hospital to be checked out.





Emergency crews are on the way to a 911 call where a toddler is stuck inside a heating vent. 

Dispatchers report that the child is stuck 4 feet down the shaft inside a home on Robin Lane in Ripley.

The fire department and the EMS personnel are standing by for assistance.

WOWK has a crew on the scene and will have more information when it becomes available.

Powered by Frankly