13 NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Jackson County torture suspect breaks his sil - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

13 NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Jackson County torture suspect breaks his silence

Posted: Updated:

Time is running out for prosecutors to present a high-profiled torture case to a grand jury.

It's a case that's gotten international media attention, and now the man accused is breaking his silence in an exclusive interview with 13 News Reporter Lisa Robbins.

Peter Lizon has been serving home confinement at his farm in Leroy while he waits to see whether or not his case goes forward.

Lizon was arrested at his farm last summer, accused of torturing his wife, Stephanie, for 10 years.

Both have denied those accusations from the start.

"These people described in the media are fictional. They are not me and my wife. I don't know who these people are but the entire idea is a misconception," he said.

Born in what was then Czechoslovakia, Lizon says he's life came full circle when he met Stephanie here in the United States. They've been happily married for 12 years, he said. Lizon said he never got violent with his wife.

Those accusations stem from Stephanie's brief stay at the Family Crisis Intervention Center in Parkersburg. There, a woman at the center said Stephanie told her outlandish stories, including that her husband kept her chained up with metal padlocks and chains for a decade.

Lizon thinks the woman lied to investigators. Stephanie also said the woman lied during a preliminary hearing last year.

"I think they have a level or prejudice and biased against us because we're not from here. Perhaps, we're a little different," he said.

Lizon said they picked this 40-acre property to spend time with their animals outside, not inside like the complaint suggests.

He said he is forcefully being kept away from the love of his life.

"I didn't think something like this would be possible in 2013. I certainly didn't think something like this would be possible in America. I actually came here to get away from such treatment," he said.

Things continued to spiral out of control in May, when three people burned down the Lizon's house, according to authorities.

He can't rebuild his house until that criminal case is resolved and the crime scene tape is removed.

Lizon said he hopes all of this will be over with come Tuesday.

"I don't know what they intend to do. Whatever they intended to do, they better do it, because I need to get on with my life," he said.

His wife is currently staying at an extended stay hotel. He is extremely worried about her health since she is due to give birth soon.

If prosecutors don't present the case on Tuesday, the state will be forced to drop the torture charges.

The people accused of burning down the Lizon's house could also be indicted on Tuesday.

Powered by Frankly