Crews were called to the scene of a house fire in Charleston.
According to the Charleston Fire Department, it happened at a two story house at 1007 Barton Street at 6 p.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, crews found a fully involved fire venting from the side of the house out of the kitchen.
Prior to the unit's arrival, the fire was called in by individuals near the house.
The house was occupied.
No one was hurt.
With a quick response, fire crews brought the fire under control and extinguished it.
Crews say fire and smoke spread throughout the house due to the fire being beyond it's beginning stage.
The cause of the fire appears to have begun in the vicinity of the kitchen stove and appears to be accidental.
Damage is estimated at $20,000.
350 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Main (304) 343-1313
Fax (304) 343-6138