Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced that an indictment against Athens County Sheriff Patrick Kelly was issued today.
The indictment lists 25 counts, 23 of the counts are felonies.
The following is a list of the counts:
- Three counts of theft in office
- Ten counts of theft in office to lesser degree
- One count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity
- One count of money laundering
- One count of tampering with evidence
- One count of tampering with record
- One count of perjury
- One count of failure to keep cashbook
- One count of obstructing official business
- One count of dereliction of duty
The Ohio AG's office says they are required by Ohio code to request the Ohio Supreme Court to begin proceedings for "suspension of a local official charged with a felony related to official conduct."
350 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Main (304) 343-1313
Fax (304) 343-6138