A mobile home fire is believed to be the cause of a brush fire in Jackson County, WV, according to firefighters at the scene.
They said windy conditions and dry grass are a big reason why approximately 25-30 acres burned.
Betty Sayre lives nearby and woke up to a bright glow just after 3 a.m. She called 911 when she realized there was a huge fire outside her window.
"I was nervous. I wasn't scared for myself, I was just scared for the people out there," she said.
No one was in the mobile home at the time of the fire, which happened on Ketubah Lane just outside of Evans.
Firefighters tell 13 News that they believe the mobile home fire started as an electrical fire.
Officials said Jackson County has seen a handful of brush fires recently. People need to follow daytime burning restrictions between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., they said.
A brush fire threatened homes in Jackson County, WV early Friday morning, April 11.
According to 911 dispatchers, the brush fire was reported overnight on Donahue Road, just outside of Evans.
Five fire departments responded to the scene including Ripley, Ravenswood, Silverton, Southern Jackson, and Cottageville.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Department alerted people in the area of the threat.
Stay with wowktv.com for the latest on this developing story.
350 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Main (304) 343-1313
Fax (304) 343-6138