'WOW Kitchen' Recipe: Seared Chilean Sea Bass over Polenta Cake with a Siciliano Tomato Salad
Seared Chilean Sea Bass over Polenta Cake with a Siciliano Tomato Salad
When I first moved to town one of the first things I did was search out the best restaurants in town. And repeatedly the restaurant people kept mentioning Bridge Road Bistro. They have a new fish dish on the menu that I have been dying to know how to make. So I've asked them to share their recipe for Seared Chilean Sea bass over a polenta cake. a siciliano tomato salad.
Bridge Road Bistro, Charleston, WV
3 Tblsp. Butter, unsalted
2 Cloves Garlic, sliced thin
½ cube Knorr Chicken Bouillon Cube
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Yellow or White Corn Meal (Polenta)
¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (any sharp cheese will do)
1. In medium pot melt butter and add garlic once melted
2. Cook Garlic till fragrant (do not burn)
3. Add Bouillon let melt then add heavy cream and water.
4. Bring to boil stir in cornmeal and cook until done (15- 20 minutes) stir
5. Add cheese till combined.
6. Pour into mold if you have if not into shallow pan. Let cool.
7. Lightly flour and sauté till light brown.
Sicilian Tomato Salad
Makes – 6 portions
10 each Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
2 each Heirloom or Yellow Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut in 1/8’s
½ small Sweet Onion (Vidalia, Oso Sweet, or Walla Walla), Thin Sliced
1 each Jalapano, Sliced
3 Tblsp. Pure Olive Oil
1 tsp. Dried Oregano or 1 Tblsp. Fresh oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste (Liberal amount to draw juice out of Tomatoes)
Add all ingredients and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
350 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Main (304) 343-1313
Fax (304) 343-6138