Florida 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

Florida 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator

Posted: Updated:

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation on Tuesday regarding the death of a seven-year-old who apparently died as the result of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator being run inside a home.

The girl’s mother, Shashunda Wilson, 41, who lives at Dossey Road South in Lakeland, said she work up this morning and felt dizzy.

Her daughter, Terryn Wilson, who sleeps in her bed with her, appeared to be dead.

Polk County Fire Rescue responded and found Shashunda sitting outside.

She told responders the generator was running in the living room while she and her daughter were asleep in the bedroom.

They took her to Lakeland Regional Medical Center for her carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms.

“This is the first death our agency has worked related to Hurricane Irma. It’s a tragedy when anyone dies, but when a child dies, it’s a horrific tragedy,” said Polk County Sherriff Grady Judd.

  • EmergenciesMore>>

  • Louisa Man Dies in Crash Monday Morning

    Louisa Man Dies in Crash Monday Morning

    Monday, November 20 2017 11:35 PM EST2017-11-21 04:35:15 GMT

    Deputies with the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office are looking into a fatal crash that happened Monday morning.  According to a news release, Sheriff Garrett Roberts said 82-year-old Louisa native, James Marcum, died after his car crashed into a tree-trimming truck.  The crash happened on Route 3 and left traffic at a standstill. A flagger was working in that area but Marcum did not stop and crashed into the truck. 

    Deputies with the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office are looking into a fatal crash that happened Monday morning.  According to a news release, Sheriff Garrett Roberts said 82-year-old Louisa native, James Marcum, died after his car crashed into a tree-trimming truck.  The crash happened on Route 3 and left traffic at a standstill. A flagger was working in that area but Marcum did not stop and crashed into the truck. 

  • Multiple Crews Respond To House Fire In Jackson County

    Multiple Crews Respond To House Fire In Jackson County

    Monday, November 20 2017 8:28 PM EST2017-11-21 01:28:12 GMT
    Multiple crews are responding to a house fire in Jackson County, West Virginia. Dispatchers with Jackson County 911 tells 13 News that the call came shortly before 8:00 p.m. Cottageville, Ripley, and Southern Jackson Fire Departments are responding. No injuries have been reported, but Rt. 21 is closed down in the that area. We will update with the latest information as it becomes available.
    Multiple crews are responding to a house fire in Jackson County, West Virginia. Dispatchers with Jackson County 911 tells 13 News that the call came shortly before 8:00 p.m. Cottageville, Ripley, and Southern Jackson Fire Departments are responding. No injuries have been reported, but Rt. 21 is closed down in the that area. We will update with the latest information as it becomes available.
  • 4 people dead after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

    4 people dead after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

    Monday, November 20 2017 3:48 PM EST2017-11-20 20:48:10 GMT

    A young child, a teenager, and two adults died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in West Virginia.

    A young child, a teenager, and two adults died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in West Virginia.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Hunter accidentally shoots 11-year-old son in face

    Hunter accidentally shoots 11-year-old son in face

    Monday, November 20 2017 2:25 PM EST2017-11-20 19:25:50 GMT

    Authorities say a man accidentally shot his 11-year-old son in the face while they were hunting.

    Authorities say a man accidentally shot his 11-year-old son in the face while they were hunting.

  • 10-year-old dies in tragic accident on park swing set

    10-year-old dies in tragic accident on park swing set

    Monday, November 20 2017 9:13 AM EST2017-11-20 14:13:07 GMT

    A 10-year-old boy is dead after a tragic accident on a swing set authorities said.

    A 10-year-old boy is dead after a tragic accident on a swing set authorities said.

  • 4 people dead after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

    4 people dead after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

    Monday, November 20 2017 3:48 PM EST2017-11-20 20:48:10 GMT

    A young child, a teenager, and two adults died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in West Virginia.

    A young child, a teenager, and two adults died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a home in West Virginia.

Powered by Frankly